logDirectory attribute error message in IIS 6.0 in Windows Server 2003

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Hello,

I downloaded the IIS SPF 1.0.5.1 and I have followed the configuration using the manual and everthing seems to be correct but after I build my project and I try to run the project I got the following message complaining about the logDirectory in my system catalog. I hope that somebody has solved this problem or something. Of course I have created the catalog and specified a file called logs but I don't seem to find the answer for this.

Thanks in advance for help

/Alan ramos

Invalid "logDirectory" configuration value specified in web.config (C:\temp\logs). Please verify that the directory exists.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid "logDirectory" configuration value specified in web.config (C:\temp\logs). Please verify that the directory exists.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid "logDirectory" configuration value specified in web.config (C:\temp\logs). Please verify that the directory exists.]
IIS.SPF.Config.Options.get_LogDirectory() +251
IIS.SPF.Logger..cctor() +30

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'IIS.SPF.Logger' threw an exception.]
IIS.SPF.Logger.Log(String strErrorGuid, String message, LogType logType) +0
IIS.SPF.Utility.LogErrorAndStop(Exception e, LogType ltLogType) +156
IIS.SPF.CoreModule.OnBeginRequest(Object objSender, EventArgs eaEventArgs) +3757
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Hello again,

I have solved the problem and that was a missing level on the directory structure. So evertyhing is OK.

Regards,

Alan