Link to JS function is broken for RJS PopCalendar

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Hi,

We are using the RJS PopCalendar for date picker http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/RJSPopCalendar

When SPF is enabled the call to the date picker looks like this:

<span id="some control ID" onclick="__PopCalShowCalendar(" someID="" ,this)="" style="cursor: pointer;">

When SPF is not enabled:

<span id="some control ID" onclick='__PopCalShowCalendar("someID",this)' style="cursor: pointer;">

note the space before someID and the added =""

i dont have control to how the call to __PopCalShowCalendar is generated, it happens in runtime so I can't play with parameters formatting :(

any ideas for workaround?

Thanks a lot!

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Hi Tarakan.  I’ve been out of town, so I just saw this. 

I’ll look into it and figure out what’s happening so that I can let you know. 

Thanks,

Brian

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 6:08 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2009 at 6:10 AM

After some testing, it looks like this issue is caused by the HTML Agility Pack (HAP) code when it parses the HTML.  This is the 2nd parsing issue that I've come across due to SPFs use of HAP, but unlike the previous one I don't have a good workaround.  The root cause of the issue seems to be RJSPopCalendar's use of single quotes to encapsulate HTML attributes, which are being converted to double quotes by HAP.  

SPF uses the 1.3.0 Production version of HAP, but I just checked and it looks like 1.4.0 is in currently in Beta 2.  I will test the most recent beta with SPF to see if this issue remains. 

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Good news...the new v1.0.4 Beta 2 of Html Agility Pack appears to have resolved this issue.  I still need to do more functional testing to make sure nothing else breaks with the updated HAP version (and I am still not sure if I want to release a version of SPF that includes HAP Beta code).  That being said, let me know if you want to test the experimental version that I have which uses HAP 1.0.4 Beta 2.  I tested it with the PruebaCS project that comes with RJSPopCalendar and it looks like everything works as expected now. 

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Thanks for that but I've ended up replacing the date picker with the one from AJAX control toolkit.

No need to spend time on that.

While the Ajax calendar is working now I'm experiencing issues with UpdatePanel/UpdateProgress controls. When Update Progress is used, SPF breaks the application complaining about missing security token.

Is that a know issue?

Can it be resolved or have to wait for next version with better Ajax support?

Thank you!